Friday, May 8, 2009

Tribute to Georgians in Polish Service President of Poland Kaczynski

Tribute to Georgians in Polish Service President of Poland Kaczynski


To all Georgian soliders who served as officers and fought for Poland. There were 108 officers in Polish Army and only few were mentioned in here. As I didn't find a book, this is my personal reaserch done. I also need to apologize to our Georgian friends for the spelling of your names. I used the spelling which the soliders used themselves, so some names are translated into polish, some are not. If I made any mistakes, please have mercy :) I don't speak your language :)

I didn't mention in this video about four things:
1/ During Georgian Uprising in 1924, Poland supported Georgians with weapons.
2/ The leader of the uprising - Kaktusa, when in Exile visited Poland on various occations to hide against Soviet integigence.
3/Last year a monument for Georgian soliders was put in Warsaw.
4/In Katyn graves 20 Georgians were found, but I only found 3 names + 2 that were taken to Lubianka.

If some text are to long to read please pause :) There are some problems with music, but only on Youtube :/ My file seems right, it probably downloaded in such a way.

Koncert na rzecz Gruzji

No comments: